Monday, May 28, 2012

27 May (lots of photos)

Still working my way through the photos from the airshow on Sat, so I'll post them as soon as I get a few more done.  So,  the wx wasn't perfect closer to the mountains, so I went to Antelope Island, where the sun was shining.  Climbed Friary Peak (highest point), took almost 2 hours to go 3 miles, and 2000' elevation gain.  I was hoping to get a glimpse of bighorn sheep, but didn't see any...

Looking west:

Baby bison...wonder if they taste like veal?

More Antelope

Swallow (he wanted to pose)

Wren (I think)

I got a glimpse of a burrowing owl, but he was too far to get camera on

Barn Owls:  I came upon this guy in the corner.  He was alert, but very I was concerned (although the guy in the visitor center didn't seem to care).

It worried me more when I saw this guy in the nest around the corner...hopefully they are alright

Inbound for landing:



i also saw some eared-grebes, but pictures weren't the best.   And another sandhill crane, and pelicans, and...

No comments:

Post a Comment