Sunday, January 1, 2012

1 Jan 12 (New Beginnings)

Wow, I finished last year's project, so what to do next.  I don't think I can handle another 365 as it taxed my creativity, plus I really don't like still life photos.   So, I'm going to do a 52 week project.  Only need to take a photo a week.  However, given that I tend to take lots of outdoor photos, I will probably post more than one a week.  Not sure what will constitute a week, either Sunday-Saturday, or Monday-Sunday.  Not that it matters...

Please note this is a different blog than last year, as I wanted to keep them separate.   The new address is 5-byphotos2012.blogspot.com.  I will put this in the last post on my old blog, in case you forget.

So I went to Antelope Island.  Original plan was to go for a hike, but there was a large group on the trail and I didn't want to be at that particular trail.  So started looking for the tree climbing porcupines (supposedly they like to be in trees this time of year).  Didn't see any, so wandered down to the ranch looking for this guy.  Luckily a ranger was pointing him out to another group as I walked up!



And I wasn't even wearing my owl shirt that Rita gave me.

Sunset

Now this is why they are purple mountains...


So a great way to start out the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment